Weight & body fats reoptimization, experience sharing ! ( updated on 5Jan2022)

Sometimes back in mid year 2020, i felt it's time to embark on weight and body fats reoptimization program as my age rises towards 60 in 4 years time. 
☝This was 5th January 2021 and I realised how much fats I possessed as compared to Cikgu Tan,  during our Ride and Camp event in CameronHighlands.  
 Reference of my weight in  17Jun2020, was as follows;

I certainly don't like that 22.8% body fats while the 67.9kg is also a very disturbing level.
Following are some of the enablers I did without taking any tablets for weight reduction.  I believe in going through natural methods although it might be slower . 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Key enablers ;
1. Maximum two can of beers per week,  or two glasses of  red wine or whisky per week.  Stay in moderation mode. 
πŸ€”πŸ€”  very tempting at times πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

2. One or two  times of IF intermittent fasting per week . Always aim for 18/6, means 18 hours no meal except water . 12/12 is also ok but may miss out autophagy cells regeneration process in our body.  My favourite practice is to skip dinner,  last meal at 2.30pm.   During fasting,  one can take alkaline water like Japanese matcha green tea  or cranberry juice or apple cider. 
 I hv set a goals of 52 times IF this year.  By end Dec 2021, I hv achieved 62 times in 2021.   Not bad ! 


3. Each meal has to be 80% vegetarian with CR caloric restrictions. Some examples are
I prefer using menbachi bowl πŸ₯£ as a means to lock down the carbo amount.  


4. Targeted about 4500km cycling per year.   
   Mountain biking is still my first preference as we can have  more fresh oxygen in the forest or estate.    Touring,  camping,  foldie and roadie are also my balancing activities. 
Love this shinrin-yoku forest therapy session.  Pic taken in Banjaran Titiwangsa Mountain.  
Below is the 3 consecutive years mileage;
☝30thDec2021, Although the total distance of 4,581km is not that impressive,  I believe it should be good enough as our body needs more time for healing especially at my age now. 

5. Gym workout once a week.   A small check on the mirror wrt the waist fats is good  as it drives us to work out further.
waist fats is a good indicator.  

6. Work hard and also not forgetting work heart. Cardio. Cycle hard terrain to pump our heart.  I do control the heart beat , always listen and adjust. Also check your heartbeat regularly at rest and perhaps the oxygen saturation level too.

8. Bed early.  Latest 10.45pm. Ensure 8 hours. Also nap 😴 in the noon time.  Sleep is by far the priority #1of our body healing process.   10.30pm is my usual cut off time to bed.    

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Results after one year are as follows;
weight as at 29May 2021.

body fat as at 28May2021.
☝latest measure on 5th January 2022. 

1.5 solid year with small  improvements.  
67.9kg(Jun'20)->63.7kg(May'21)->63.8kg (Jan'22).
22.8 %(Jun'20)->19.2%(May'21)->20.5%(Jan'22)

I strongly believe 63.5kg will  be an optimum weight for me  because;
1.) I need protein to sustain my mTOR gene in sustaining my muscle. My cycling background needs a strong sets of muscle to be sustained.  Note 1, not to grow the muscle by eating more meat but merely sustaining it. Note 2, zero red meat .    In short,  sustaining mTOR thru limiting amino acid !
2.) I need to continue my Intermittent fasting,  once per week, 18/6 approach,  in order to sustain NAD+ and boost my longevity genes Sir1...7 ( Sirtuins) that enhance back my Mitochondrial.
3.) I need to continue my supplements :- 
 Resveratrol,  VitC, Curcumin,  Magnesium,  Quercetin,  Omega3 , multivitamin, NMN as to boost my immune system and cells NAD+ . 
4.) Be persistent on 80% vegetarian diets . Diet CR caloric restrictions management is very important.  Why 80% vegetarian? My rational analysis are as follows;
4.1. Cow's intestine length is the longest.   Tiger's intestine is 10% of cow , because meat must not be trapped in our intestine too long that caused huge fermentation that leads to diseases.    Human's intestine is 70% of cow intestine length.  Means human's  diet should be more fibre veggies inclined. 
4.2.  While We like to eat more protein meat to sustain our mTOR gene which boost our muscle , too high protein will actually detriment our longevity gene Sirtuins ( Sir 1...7).    Therefore,  keep to pareto law of 80:20 .   80% fibre/veggies. 
4.3. Out of all the different religion in the world,  I hv found one religion given the best data in longevity.  The place is called Loma Linda,  California.  Here, the population age is 7.5 years more than all the average Americans age. This place is recognised as the Blue Zone in the world.  Generally, their diets are 80% fibres and 20% meat +carbo.    The religion is SDA (7 days Adventist) which practice compulsory fasting on every Saturday .




My humble advice to everyone;
ε…ˆζƒ³η˜¦,后享寿。
Stay slim , enjoy longevity .

Best wishes,
Tay KC
Semiconductor industrialist 
An avid cyclist 🚴‍♂️
29th May 2021.( first write-up)
( revision 1 updated on 5th January 2022)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hanoi Old Quarter and Ninh Binh

From FAT to FIT 🚴